Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Life possible excerpt (1)

The first words out of his mouth rang in my head.
You're not a magician yet.”
It was those words alone that seemed to scar me, no matter where I went, who I met, and what I did. I knew he was right. Who was I, but a mere rich man without any knowledge of right and wrong? He was right; he had always been right, and now at last he was dead. I stood, staring at his body, and I wondered where he went. Comprehending that he would never return was something I could not do. They had killed him. He was dead, I was alive, and all I knew was what was going to happen next would not be any kind of fresh start. As I turned away from his body, I heard footsteps approaching me.
Do it. Kill me. By the end of the night, I know you won't have the courage to. I thought to myself.

**The following is what may be a part of New Life, and therefore that is why this is called a "possible excerpt".  Since the book has not been started yet, it's possible this passage could be altered.**


"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment