Monday, April 18, 2011

Thirst for power



There are magicians in this world who only care about one thing: Power.  Power is something they can't have enough of, and once they have it there's no turning back.
Actually... I remember what it was like to have that thirst.  It was a desire, a need, a cure.  Of course, I don't expect you to understand.

As I said in my last post, there are several announcements I wanted to make so I decided I would announce all new.... uhh news.... here.  Not that anyone looks at this blog anymore, but I can have my hopes and dreams.  Right?
First off, I've added new scenes to Cursed with Power.  At this rate, I'm thinking that perhaps I'll reach close to 200 pages while editing this book like there's no tomorrow.  I haven't updated the new scenes onto the book's page yet (on inkpop, I mean); however, I will as soon as I can.  I'm not going to reveal anything about these new scenes.  All I'm going to say is you have to read them for yourself to enjoy the material I've added.
Besides everything going on with CWP, I've been thinking a lot about New Life.  Let me just say right now that I will really have a lot on my hands once I start writing that book.  For those of you who have read the ending of CWP, you can agree with me when I say there is a lot left to be discovered in the next four books in the series.  Honestly I don't even know where to begin with New Life because there's so much I need to figure out first.  Wish me luck?
I'm really glad that those of you who have read the ending of CWP were pleased with it, though now I've heard a lot about the sequel.  I have no idea when I will begin New Life.  Please just try to keep in mind that there is still a lot of work I have left to do with CWP, especially since lately I've been adding in new material while editing.  On the bright side, I'm having my critique partner read my entire book while we're on spring break and hopefully when I go back to school she and I will be able to work out the problems in CWP.  (Yes, believe it or not, there are many more errors than I would ever be able to realize by myself).
Once I have my synopsis written for CWP I'm planning to begin querying agents --as in really querying them day and night.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me because now that I'm here, there's no turning back.
Cursed with Power
Power, love, heartbreak...
Violence, screaming, blood...
His eyes rolled back into his head.  I had done this.

Aldemund leaned over, warning him not to stand. “Have you not listened to a single word I've said?  I found a Dark magician, and she is roaming the streets without anyone stopping her.”
            “Just tell me... How do you know she's one of them?” Wilhem asked with terror filling his eyes.
            “Because I fought her, and believe me she is too good to be working alone.  I cannot say if she lived from the battle we engaged in, but one can never be too cautious.” Aldemund stepped away from Wilhem and looked outside of the tavern.  The sky was growing dark, yet he sensed it was more than the weather changing.  While he hated to admit that he had lost a battle, he also knew that he could find Celestria again.  When he did there would not be anyone to stop him.  She would break, scream, and die in a matter of minutes.


Read the book here: link.

Coming next...
New Life
Léal had changed his looks because he wanted to; he was forced to change his life because he had to.
"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment