Friday, July 8, 2011

New life Chapter 1

O N E
Make Me Smile
In the first chapter of New Life, we meet again with Léal Irvine.  Though it is a different time since when Celestria's story began, he goes through his day as any ordinary man would.  He attends service and all seems well, but of course that is before he hears that Esmour desires a meeting with him.
Léal meets the beautiful and charming Rahela, who seems all too good to be true.  With her fancy clothes, cheerful smile, and optimistic attitude what's not to love?  However, Léal seems struck by her beauty and personality and lets his guard down.  In no time at all shocking news is revealed to him; however, Rahela is not likely to disappear any time soon.  When Esmour explains the new arrangements it becomes evident that neither of them will be able to doubt each other.  Though they know nothing about each other and are in every way strangers to one another, Rahela and Léal may have to learn to trust one another.

Either trust or love, but it cannot be both.
He walked away the instant I raised my hand to comment on his remark. Rahela came in from behind and smiled at me. I smiled back at her without thinking, and then I remembered how I had acted earlier. Perhaps Mama had been right when she said I did not seem like myself, but everyone was acting different. It felt like there was something changing; however, I could not assure myself that it was anything positive. “Pardon me for my actions in the church. I assure you I did not mean to startle you,” I said. Rahela blinked steadily, as if waiting for something more. Unaware of the time, I glanced over to the window but the shades were drawn back and a candle was lit on the bureau. Night had crept upon me without my noticing. Rahela giggled. “Pardon you? My, you certainly are the gentleman.”

New Life has reached 5k; it'll be another 5,000 more before it can go public on inkpop.  If you want a notification of when it is posted or you'd like to suggest it be posted on inkpop let me know: email.  For now enjoy the updates!  More are on the way.
"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment