Sunday, December 26, 2010

Chapter 18: Every Last Word

CHAPTER 18
EVERY LAST WORD
I can sit in the rain and shiver as I am soaked.  You really don't have to be anybody special to stand in the rain.  It's just like standing in the middle of a path when two horses are running at you.  Either you move and hurt yourself, or you remain where you are and accept the pain.
--Leal


From the day Celestria met Alaire, she knew there were secrets he kept from her.  However, she came to accept this because she knew she had secrets of her own.
It's ironic how quickly all of that changed.

Celestria wakes up in the middle of the night to find out Alaire is chocking, coughing, and feels his entire body going numb.  Now is the time to worry.
In this new chapter, Alaire's future is addressed.  It's not him and Celestria arguing about what they've said and done.  No, it's Celestria hoping, praying, wishing Alaire will live... yet she is not too certain he will.
Join her as she comes to discover what he means to her, the feelings she has for him, and quite possibly the secrets he found out about.
EXCERPT:

Alaire interjected, “Do not go!  Please, Celestria; do not leave me here.  I can feel it now…”
            As he pulled me in closer, I turned my face so our lips did not touch.  Then I asked what I regretted. “What do you feel?”
            “Death.”
            One word and that was all it took.  My life just all together flipped over and burned.  Why was this happening to him?  What had he done?  He was more of a decent person than I, yet he was the one dying?  I could not begin to understand it; I listened to his breathing and wished I knew what to do.  This was the time for me to say something that would matter; something with an impact.  I found I was speechless for the first time. 
I know the excerpt is short, but that's because I don't want to give away to much about the chapter.  You need to read it yourself to find out what happens.
 What do you think happens?  Can Alaire live?
Find out, and in chapter 19 Celestria will narrate her reaction and what she has come to realize, accept, and want to take revenge out on.

"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

1 comment: