Friday, January 7, 2011

22: Push Away Fear


CHAPTER 22
PUSH AWAY FEAR
Once fear tried to climb into bed with me.  I told her that even if she wore a disguise I would not let her any closer... Besides, I need sleep to look like I do every day. --Leal


Welcome to the one place you never knew about, never imagined, and thought was unreal.
When Celestria enters into such a place, she is barely able to grasp everything and everyone who surrounds her.  Despite specific words haunting her thoughts, she is in awe of the new world she is introduced to.
EXCERPT:

Some places where we stepped were darker than others, but the fairies' glowing wings kept everything bright. Birds chirped from large, wide trees and a family of deer walked past us without a second glance. An owl flew from one tree to the next, and nearby one magician was a squirrel who was digging a hole for a nut. There were campfires, giving off heat, yet there was also a fresh and refreshing breeze that brushed through the trees.
Emeria suggested first we should find a place to sleep, since we did not know how long we would be there. My stomach grumbled, but I ignored it and agreed with her. I had eaten more than I usually would consume for breakfast. How was I hungry? I did not bother to question it, hence I looked around with Emeria for a empty place. There were people everywhere we went, and with the way they huddled together it did not appear they would let us stay with them. Then, after all, we could not depend on making friends here. While Emeria was among people she could trust, I was surrounded by enemies.
Could ever such a place have danger enter into it?  A place of unimaginable beauty and magic... but with Celestria's presence there may be a change in the mood of such a place.  There could be hope for the magician as she walks through the magical setting, and at the same time there can be evils lurking.  Fear must be pushed away during these moments when truths are spoken.
"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment