Friday, January 7, 2011

Chapter 21: Scuze, Revedere

CHAPTER 21
SCUZE, REVEDERE
English translation: "Sorry, Goodbye"
Chapter 21 was a chapter I finished over winter break, but if it had not been for Tessa I probably would have forgotten that I needed to upload this chapter.  I apologize, and just in case you were worried I am alive and did not disappear as Leal did in the book.  Anyways, onto the chapter....

This chapter I found a lot of inspiration for from "Sorry for everything" by Dead by April.  The song became influential for what Alaire said in this part of the book.
Without giving away too much more, here is the excerpt.
EXCERPT:

“Goodbye?” The word squeaked from my lips. He made it sound as if Alaire would die tonight, and there seemed to be constant dwelling on death. I, of course, thought on the subject much too often as it was, but Grefin was a doctor and an educated man. When it was him suggesting the worst, there was not much left to hope for.
“Da, because it is possible that he may not recover,” Grefin said. When I frowned he added, “Make no mistake, there is hope that he will live, yet I must be blunt with you. He does not act like a man who wishes to fight off death.”

While the excerpt is short, there is much more that occurs in the chapter that is significant --as always--to the rest that is to happen in the book.  However, can Celestria live with the difficult decisions she has made?  Why is Alaire giving up, and can anyone change the feelings he has?
Goodbye... the word we speak last but never use for its actual purpose.  Sorry... a word we can say over and over again for everything we have done...
Yet how can Celestria forgive herself?
"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

1 comment: