Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coming of an end:: Chapter 29

To my readers,
At last I have come to writing the last chapter of Cursed with Power.  It truly shocks me how far this book has gotten over the past eight months.  Something that started out as an idea ended up turning into an exciting and mysterious adventure.  The journey is one I have enjoyed, but even this close to the end of the book I can say that I know it is far from over.
Whether you realized it or not, the version on inkpop was a second draft.  The first draft was originally up inkpop, but no one --thankfully--read the original ending.  So much has changed in the book since the first version.  Not only dialog or scenes, but there has also been a lot of material added in.  New characters, events, scenes, plot twists, secrets, relationships, fights... Pretty much everything  you've read was either altered from how it was originally written or altogether added in as something entirely new.
I could bore you with telling you about the three journals I have already filled up with notes, outlining, chapter drafts, and etc. but there are more pressing matters I need to address.
At this point I leave it to you to decide if you want to hear when the last chapter will be posted.  If you have not been all that interested in the book, I don't expect you'll care much about anything I address.  However, if you've been a fan then I hope this will reassure you that you will read the end of Cursed with Power in time to come.  Now I am going to address questions I expect you'll have.

  • When will the last chapter be posted?
Chapter 29 (30 by inkpop standards) will not be posted the moment it is finished, as I have done in the past with previous chapters.  I am doing this simply because I want to read through the entire book and make sure nothing has been forgotten or left out.  Also, I need work with the final chapter and feel confident about it because this is the end of the book and if it's not done the right way there may be no one interested in the sequel.
The ending will be posted as soon as I feel it is ready.  Most likely it will definitely be up before the book comes near to reaching the top five.
  • How can I [the reader] stay updated with Cursed with Power after it is finished?
If you like the book enough to want to stay updated, you can contact me and we'll work out something.  Whether it be messages via email, blogger, inkpop, etc, I am open to whatever would work best for you.  Since I am getting Cursed with Power ready to be sent to agencies, it may be simply that you want to be updated when I hear responses --good or bad--from different agents.  Again, this entirely up to you.
  • When will editing begin?  Will edits be posted on inkpop?
Obviously while reading through the book again I will do basic editing, but once I write out the ending and post it then I will begin in depth editing.  Any edits I make will be posted on inkpop.
  • So... about the summary for New Life... how much longer do we [the readers] have to wait in suspense?
The official summary and another fresh premier of New Life will be released in February.  As of this time, I don't know an exact date, but rest assured that it is going public soon.  I will be posting the summary and premier on both of my blogs.
  • Do you plan to start on New Life soon?
My main priority right now is to fix Cursed with Power and get to a point where I can send it to agents.  Once I'm doing that, then I can start to play around with ideas for the sequel.  Until then, I will try to post ideas, character posts, and etc. on the blog.
  • Hey, um, about Leal....
When you read the ending of Cursed with Power, I am hoping you'll be that much more excited about New Life.  I know it will require you to be patient, but I understand that during that time you may need to send me hate mail about how you "need" to read New Life.
  • What should I do if one of my questions haven't been answered in this post?
If you don't see an answer to your question, please leave a comment in the "Ask a Question" section of the blog or email me.  I will gladly answer any additional questions you may have.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you read the end.  Until then, there's 29 chapters up (including the prologue) and now there's time for you to catch up from where you last left off.

Thank you for continually supporting the book.  

"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

3 comments: