Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First rejection


At some point or another reality strikes us, and other times it seems like it stabs us in the heart.  In one word: REJECTION.  That’s right, blogging friends, I have officially started the querying process and have received my first rejection.
“This is not for me, but thanks for the look.”
The first rejection is always the most difficult to deal with.  I remember when I was querying for The Magic of Light that I felt close to tears every time I read a rejection letter.  I suppose this one didn’t hit me as hard because, let’s face it, I know what it’s like.  All the same, this was the first rejection I got for Cursed with Power.  And a part of me was thinking, “How could they say this to my baby?!” but rejection is something us writers must be prepared for.  This is only the beginning of a long and frustrating path I am taking, so I am certain there will be many more time I will share my rejection stories.  All I know is that in the end it’ll all be worth it.
I’ll keep on querying because if I don’t then Celestria’s world will remain a secret to everyone... except us.

Keep checking back in!  Don’t think I’ve forgotten about the last chapter of Cursed with Power and the official summary of New Life.  I wasn’t too pleased to see CWP’s ranking go down again, but I have faith in all of you and by that I mean: READ the book. .. please J  Enjoy your Tuesday; I’ll hopefully be back later on with more news and whatnot, but for now it’s back to answering questions for CWP.

Cursed with Power
Readable to all on inkpop.com (link here)
Power, love, heartbreak… Violence, screaming, blood… His eyes rolled back into his head.  I had done this.
"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment