Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pity, Fire.... And Admiration?


When you take the time to sit down with your book and look at it, you realize just how many different elements come together in it.  That's right blogging buddies, welcome back to Celestria's world.
Celestria is by far the most difficult character to work with, as I've mentioned countless times in the past.  Nonetheless, she and I have to learn to get along because... Well, we're stuck with each other, whether we like it or not.  In the latest chapters of the book I have come to realize the change in her character.  Not only has she evolved from simply being a Dark magician yearning to survive, but she has also made a connection with other characters in the book.  If she was a real person I would be proud of her because honestly I never imagined she would make it to this point.
Now we all have those days where we just struggle.  We can't find the words to write, our characters hate us, and quite honestly we hate ourselves.  It can get rough, but the truth of the matter is that no matter how bad it gets you can almost always find your way back into the story.  The best thing a writer can do for herself is imagine she is in the book as well; this way you become part of the story.  The beauty of it is that once you're back in the story, you can get back to work, focus, and really start writing.


During these last couple of days I suppose you could say that I've come back to the story.  Everything is moving along, and even though I have the ending written I continue to add more to the entire book itself because thoughts have been racing through my mind.  Sure Alaire is driving me crazy because of his condition --later on in the book-- and of course I can't stand returning to Japhet.  (I'm not even going to start on Japhet.  That man...!)  Yet the words on coming down on paper and the story keeps moving along, and I'm accepting it without question that I am returning to the normal amount of time and effort involved in Cursed with Power.
In the next couple of days there is a lot I'm looking forward to sharing with you:
  • Exciting new scene added into chapter 22
  • The new additional chapter  (I really want to hear your opinion on this!)
  • AND the last chapter --chapter 30-- which I do realize you have been waiting for patiently --some more than others--and I do apologize that it has been taking so long.  I'm hoping I can have chapter 30 up by the end of this month, but again I cannot be sure because I have new ideas that I'm working in.  Unfortunately for those avid followers, this means that you won't be reading the official summary to New Life until the last chapter of Cursed with Power is posted on inkpop.  Sorry!
All in all, there's a lot of exciting news, announcements, etc., etc. If I can actually find the time when I'm not finishing my history bio and my chemistry homework I plan to catch you up on what's been going on.  No matter what, I'll try to find a way to bring everything back into perspective and hopefully I won't lose anybody along the way.

EXCERPT FROM CH 10
Being on the other side of town, he could see the teenage boy delivering the letter to the man emerging from the bakery. As if knowing he was there, the two looked over to Aldemund once the letter was ripped open. Aldemund nodded, yet he did not meet them as they expected. Instead he carried on his way until someone tapped him on the back. The instant he turned around the person punched him in the face. 
Holding his hands up to his nose, Aldemund cursed and screamed, “Who do you think you are? You worthless, thoughtless—”

He opened his eyes and saw Christopher standing in front of him. Tasting blood on his lips, Aldemund backed away. It seemed Christopher had come alone, but there were others in town moving toward them to see what the uproar was about.
If you're interested in reading more, you know what you need to do.  Read.
"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment