Monday, March 28, 2011

*New* scene in Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Pleasure and Pain

**NEW SCENE**


Since this hasn’t been talked about yet, I figured it was about time I get you up to date on the new scene that was added into chapter 21.  (In case anyone still checks in on this blog and the book, for that matter.) 
The new scene that was added in was --surprise, surprise—unexpected.  However, throughout the editing process I have been thinking a lot about what I can add in.  After all, if Christopher Paolini has his 900 page books that he somehow has published, I can clear up the confusion my book and keep it under 900.  (Really, I can’t imagine 900 pages.  I think it would kill me... or someone else. That was a joke, for those of you who didn’t get it.)
Anyhow, before I continue to ramble on I should give you an excerpt to read.  Jolly-oh good excerpt, aye mates? (Got to love the British, that’s all I’m going to say.)

EXCERPT:
Glass shattered and fell from the windows while flames hissed out from every corner of the church.  I stopped filling my bucket with water, and the men around me did the same.  It was only ALaire who continued retrieving water from the well, throwing it at the building, and repeating the process again.  All I could think of was how sick he was and that he needed to return to Grefin’s.  It wasn’t right to for him to be throwing water on a burning church when there was a chance his injuries would cause him pain again.  The fire roared, and I feared sparks would hit Alaire.

Two new pages were introduced into the story because of this scene, and I can honestly say that even though it wasn’t the easiest to write I am beyond glad that it is finally on paper.  I was happy with how Alaire’s character continued to evolve this late in the book, even though the end was not all that far away by this chapter.
In regards to “where the heck is the last chapter? When are you posting it?! Why can’t I read it?!”  My lovely readers, rest assured knowing that I do have the last chapter typed up and I do plan to post it.  Please be patient with me.  I want this chapter to end on a shocking note, and while it does I also want to make sure that when I write “the end” it actually is the end.  Keep in mind that the official summary for New Life won’t be posted up the final chapter of Cursed with Power is uploaded --apologies!

"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment