Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tessa guest blogs with a short story on Cursed with Power

The following was written by Tessa Faith --an avid follower and reader--who won the PROMOTION CONTEST and therefore a chance to guest blog.  She chose to write a short story based on a conversation she and her sister, Emma, had about Cursed with Power.  Enjoy!

I stared at the computer screen in awe.  I could hardly comprehend the magnificence of what I had just read. It was so spectacular I was speechless -- an odd position for me because I usually babble uncontrollably when I finish a really good book. But this was different. This is was far superior to any words I could give it.

My reverie was briefly broken by a thundering worthy of an elephant. Then my sister, Emma, jumped the last three steps and slid into the living room on the newly refurbished wood floor.

"Hey Tessa," she said, "can I use the computer?"

I ignored her for dramatic effect.

"Tes-sa," she drawled. "Can. I. Use. The. Computer?"

"Emma." I hardly breathed the word but Emma caught my  tone.

"What's wrong?" she asked, jumping up and down in place.

"I just read an amazing book on inkpop." I was still very much in awe.

"Is that all?" Emma said, sounding disappointed.

"Noooo," I said, drawing out the word. " No, amazing isn't all. Spectacular, resplendent, majestic…and they just barely scratch the surface."

Emma raised her right eyebrow. I knew she was impressed now. "Really? What's it called?"

"Cursed with Power."

"Cursed with what?"

"Power." I turned back to the computer. "Here, read the pitch."

She adjusted her glasses and glanced over it. "This girl has a nice cover," she said. "And it does sound good. Right up my alley."

I smiled a secret little smile: normally Emma wouldn't listen to my book suggestions.

"I'll read it when I'm finally-" she sighed dramatically, "- old enough for inkpop."

My smile deepened.

"Now can I have the computer?"


"There's a lot that I want." He said. He smirked as he said it like he knew he was pushing my patience.

5 comments:

  1. This is a two thumbs up and a great little short story that happens to be true. I can see why Lindsey was blown away. Nice. I will add this title to my TBR list.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so special...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy: That's great the short story of Tessa's had such an effect on you.
    Tessa: Because you are special *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Am not pleased. Tessa: I do not sound like an elephant. Every one els: I do not sound like an elephant.

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Emma: Haha, I think Tessa would say otherwise.

    ReplyDelete